Warning: Creating default object from empty value in /home3/inspo77/public_html/ihomewise.com/wp-includes/ms-load.php on line 113
Cleaning & Organizing Tips » Blog Archive » Poison hazards to kids can lurk throughout the house

Poison hazards to kids can lurk throughout the house

Poison hazards to kids can lurk throughout the house
News from Mcalester News Capital:

McALESTER — What is colorful, squishy and attractive to kids? A ball is certainly one answer. However, families are finding out the new concentrated single-unit dose laundry and dishwasher detergent packets also fit in that category.

There are a growing number of reports of children putting the packets in their mouths, ingesting the contents and becoming sick. The unfortunate trend is prompting reminders to parents and caregivers to keep all laundry products as well as other hazardous materials out of the reach of children.

The laundry and dishwasher packets are brightly colored, soft and look like candy or a small toy, so they easily draw children’s attention. It’s important to treat the packets like any other cleaning product. In between uses, keep them safely sealed and stored away from kids’ curious hands.

Usually exposure to the detergents causes mild upset stomach or possibly no symptoms at all. But, poison center experts are receiving reports that some kids who ingested the packets experienced excessive vomiting, wheezing and gasping, while others experienced extreme drowsiness and respiratory distress. For those who got the product in their eyes, it caused severe irritation. In some cases, children were hospitalized.

Besides keeping the detergents locked up and out of the reach of kids, consumers should follow the instructions on the pro…………… continues on Mcalester News Capital

… Read the full article
.

Related News:


Comments are closed.